4/25/2009

Billy Butler




Billy Butler - Feel The Magic (1976)

Billy Butler - Sugar Candy Lady - Curtom CU 5015 (1977)
Side 1:Sugar Candy Lady, I Know The Feeling Well, Play My Music, The Saga Of Sadie Lee
Side 2: Feel The Magic, I'm Gonna Make Her Mine, Alone At Last, My love For You Grows

Produced by Billy Butler & Rufus Hill

Two nice ballads; I Know the Feeling Well, I'm Gonna Make Her Mine, and two Modern tempo numbers Feel The Magic (Today's play) and My Love For You Grows.
Recorded at Curtis Mayfields' Curtom studio's in Chicago, Phillips Upchurch on guitar, Richard Tufo on keyboards and Henry Gibson on bongos/congas. Feel the magic was from a year earlier and may have been on a single.

This was Butler's first work since in 1971 and after this single flopped he played guitar in his brothers band (Jerry Butler) and never made a record again. He was greatly loved in the UK though for his Okeh & Brundswick Records in the mid-60's; I'll Bet You & The Right Track. His Okeh LP is mega rare although it has now been put on CD, he toured the UK in the 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.