5/28/2008

Walter Jackson





Tell Me When It Hurts

Walter Jackson - It's Cool - CD Charly 305 (1992)

It's Cool; Magic Man; If I Had My Way; Feelings; Tell Me When It Hurts; I Won't Remember Ever Loving You; Baby I Love Your Way; Someone Saved My Life Tonight; Got To Find Me An Angel; Come To Me; Open Up Your Heart; Unchained Melody; Love Woke Me Up This Morning; At Last; I Got It Bad Feelin' Good; Everything Must Change; If You Walked Away; Love Goes Out Of The Loving

Produced by: Carl Davis

I know what your thinking: "This isn't vinyl !" and your right, but when a cd comes out as special as this one, then it needs to be out there, chances are it was on vinyl as well but I brought the cd. All the tracks are aranged and produced by Riley Hampton & Sonny Sanders and for the Chi-City Label in the 70's/early 80's.

The big stepper track is It's Cool (see pic) released on June 16th. 1983 and 3 days later Jackson died from a stroke. The other great and to my mind better track was Tell Me When It Hurts is better, do you agree? Come on now people let's start talking. His version and hit with Maurice Albert's Feelings is also included along with fine ballads; Magic Man, Aretha's: Got To Find An Angel (medium pace tempo with great sax break) & Love Goes Out Of The Loving, I can go on... Northern Soul fans will enjoy If I Had My Way and Open Up Your Heart that 'stops & starts' moving I really missed it when the cd came out and now love to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.