3/15/2008

Betty Wright - Explosion....!!





Keep Feelin'

Betty Wright - Explosion !! - RCA RS 1063 (1976 UK) TK US

Open the Door To Your Heart; Do Right Girl; I Think I Better Think About It; Smother Me With Your Love; Don't Forget To Say I Love You Today; Keep Feelin'*; Rock On Baby, Rock On; If I Ever Do Wrong; Bluesville; Life
Produced by; Willie Clark*/Clarence Reid/Seth Snyder

When you first look at the cover art you think 'Oh no it's a live album' but far from it, not that Betty isn't good live (she's actually a knock-out!). The musicians of this album are TK's finest like: guitars; Little Beaver, Snoopy Dean & Milton Wright, Keyboards, Timmy Thomas & Latimore.

The track I pulled today I've slowed down by -2 is Keep Feelin', written by herself and Willie Clarke. It's the horns that are the hook on this song and they do it very well with the help of Mike Lewis.

Nearly all Betty's albums contain some stunners. She gone though some labels in her years; Atlantic, TK, Epic and now has settled with her own Ms B label.

Other fine tracks on this set are Smother Me With Your Love, Bluesville & Do Right Girl. All these tunes I would regulary play on PCRL in Birmingham along with dj's Lady Cherry & Tony Roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.