11/08/2007

Brad Reynolds




Don't Feel Sorry For Me

Brad Reynolds - Call Me On My Loveline (Jaden Records 11572) 1990

Call me On My Loveline; Anything You Want; You Are So Special To Me; Don't Feel Sorry For Me; I Wanna Take Time Out; Tell Me; I Can't Stop; I'm Sorry

Produced By: Unknown

Don't Feel Sorry For Me was my fave indi tune of 1990. On the Jaden Record label, distributed by Barneys Records 3400 W. Ogden, Chicago, Il. I wrote to this address in 1992 for more information but received no reply. Perhaps a fall-out by Brad Reynolds with the label maybe, who knows! A simple production, synths are kept to a minimum and the groove rolls on - love it to death.

I can't find out much about Reynolds, except there is a white gospel singer of the same name. Call Me On The Loveline was probably the only single released off it. Most tracks are ballads, You Are Something Special To Me is one of the better ones.

I can't find a an album cover to this one , most indi soul albums came out like this in the early 90's. Track two is a nice slow stepper and I'm Sorry features Patricia Cox. Jack Daniels wrote most of the songs on this set, he also wrote such Chicago classics with John Moore as Turn Back The Hands Of Time for Tyrone Davis and also Big Twist & Mellow Fellows. In fact on the same Davis album Just Because Of You and I'll Be Right There are nice Northern stompers by these writters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.